ABBA, A Women's Resource Center
1250 Forest Ave., 2nd Floor
Portland, ME 04103
Portland Lifeguard is the character-based Sexual Integrity program of ABBA, A Women’s Resource Center which is a 501-c-3 non-profit organization serving primarily the girls and women of the Greater Portland/Cumberland County area.
ALL OF OUR SERVICES ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE LAW.
- is an apolitical educational program providing credible, factual data about the risks, potential consequences and available options to girls and women considering becoming sexually active or are sexually active.
- is designed to be a personal, positive and pro-active lifestyle approach enabling the recipient to be empowered to make well-informed decisions.
- provides curriculum that incorporates facts with practical tools toward building, experiencing and maintaining healthy relationships.
- understands that sexuality is a gift and that the use of this gift will have a future impact .
- appreciates each recipient as an individual of value worthy of reaching their goals and aspirations.
- offers Sexual Integrity training for individuals and groups, for classroom and youth groups. We also offer workshops for parents, school nurses and counselors.
- celebrates the differences of our potential recipients and will endeavor to assist interested recipients regardless of their race, creed, color, gender, national origin, age or marital status.